Saturday, November 9, 2013

Incorporating New Tools in My Classroom

I can’t believe 2 things. Number 1, I finished all my course work, phew! Number 2, our course for Creative Teaching Techniques and Utilization in Multimedia is overL .

I have seriously learned a whole bunch from this class and I had a hard time picking one thing I would incorporate in my class because I am honestly just about to use everything I learned starting next semester.

One tool I have already started using in my teaching is the Prezi. I have already been upgrading my PowerPoint presentations finding them very effective in teaching or demonstrating lessons for my students.

Because our classes are supposed to be gearing towards conversation, I think implementing audio assignments would add something new to my classes and the students would have a chance to practice their speaking more. I could give them help and feedback with their accents, word choices, etc. , to make their speaking sound more fluent. The students can always have their recordings to refer to in the future. They can listen to themselves and see if they have improved over time. 

One other thing I would like to mention that wasn’t an actual assignment, or project for this course, are the various websites that Professor Katz has recommended. I plan to use sites such as comiclife.com to make comics related to some units. There are a whole bunch of other websites that I would have never heard of, if it weren’t for this class. Just having them introduced to me really got the creative juices flowing in my head and I will also find a way to implement those with a purpose, into my classes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment