Saturday, November 2, 2013

My Favorite Tool Recently

To be completely honest, this class has been probably one of the most useful classes I have ever taken. It has been very practical.  Everything I have learned, I was able to implement in my classes right away. It definitely was a lot of work, but I can see myself continuing on with my blogs, screencasts, prezis, etc.
My favorite lesson is getting more familiar with blogging. I like that this class forced us to write blogs to keep track of our work. I wanted to start writing about various subjects but it has been something I have put off for so long and getting started never came around. It is my favorite tool because I always have different projects on the go, and I really want to start collecting and recording all of these in one place. It will hopefully also help me build my educator’s portfolio.
Blogging is something I can use with my classes, as a go-to for any information about classes, projects, or announcements that I have for my students. I can also help students set up a blog for themselves and have certain assignments posted there, and maybe spark up interest for them to continue and develop their English writing skills.  

Thanks again Professor Steve Katz for teaching us so much in such a short time J


7 comments:

  1. Analia, I have also learned a lot from this class. The blogging aspect made me really think about using it in future clasess to get students writing. Fortunately, I have been using blogs for a while so I was familiar with most of the features, but Steve's video for embedding videos taught me something new. Although after this class, I think it may be time to transition over to a class website, since I have been made aware of the limitiations of a blog vs a website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! This course has been an eye opener for me. So much practical things that we can use to become better and more effective teachers.
    I'm really blown away with all the knowledge that Prof. Katz has and all the little tricks and ti[s he has shared with us.
    I never considered having a blog before this course as being so helpful, but from what he has pointed out to us in class it really seems like such a smart and easy idea to keep an updated version of ourselves as educators. Never know who may look at it in the future or what kind of opportunities may come from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This class has been awesome..no doubt about it. I think we are all going to end up better teachers simply because we now have more tools in our arsenal to be able to pass on information more efficiently/creatively to our students. I have found this course, like you said, to be so useful. Unfortunately since I work with very young kids, perhaps some of these tools will not come into play (for example blogs or podcasts) . But, who knows what the future has in store for me. Needless to say, the things I have learned will not go to waste! Happy teaching Analia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Analia,

    Thank you for all the kind words. It is very rewarding for me to know that what we did in this class is having a positive impact on your teaching. I get a great deal of satisfaction helping teachers to grow professionally, and I have seen a tremendous amount of growth over the past six weeks.

    Thank you,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  5. These words are gospel bud. This class has been nothing short of awesome for the all the tools that it has introduced to us all. I know most of us were a wee bit intimidated at the beginning, but quickly got over it and were keen to get stuck in. I was different from you in that I didn't want to blog. I thought it was nobody's business what I thought, but I really have found it beneficial. It's also been great reading other people's post and getting their insight to different areas and different perspectives. Professor Steve Katz is "The Man"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Analia and all the other comments. I can't remember if I wrote this on another blog or just thought it but I'm glad that I started this masters program with this course. A lot of the tools we have been exposed to will definitely benefit us in the future courses, blogs especially, not to mention the benefit they will bring to our classrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agree with all the sentiments above. Everything we've learned is so practical and can be stuck in our curriculum for next semester. Worth the early Saturday mornings for sure!

    ReplyDelete