Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Teach Now (Teacher Certification): Using a Glog to Make an Introduction

Module 4 Unit 1 Activity 3



Here is my Glog introduction: 

http://analiak.edu.glogster.com/introduction/



*A little rant* So I got an "Outstanding" for this glog and that is great but when I looked at my grading evaluation, they said I did NOT include an audio or a video... as you can see, I included an audio AND a video. So to be specific here is the evaluation criteria directly taken from their page:


As one can see I should have clearly gotten 3/3 for this sections but I got a 2/3. I asked Sarah and Taylor, the teachers, why I had gotten 2/3 and they said because it didn't play. Many cohort members played the video AND the audio as they told me things such as, "Cool song" or "Nice vid" during the week so I knew they played fine.

So I confronted the teachers and asked why I got docked a point for THEIR own computer problems. The answer was,

"Oh you got an outstanding anyway so it doesn't matter if we change the grade or not."

It matters as we get an over all percentage based on points...So I retaliated with,

"Then next time I shouldn't be so motivated to go out of my way and add what is required if I suspect that YOUR computer is not working because you will not give me the points anyway?"

So Taylor says,

"Sorry I will have a look at it again and see if it's working now, and email you back."

I have a suspicion that they didn't look at it properly the first time. This just really shows me how thoroughly these teachers are checking the assignments *sarcasm* and how incompetent they truly are. Seriously I had so many positive expectations for this program and this is not the first time this program has disappointed me :(

*Rant over*

No comments:

Post a Comment